Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Expectations in May Election 2016

       The Filipino voters had already chose their respective leaders for their town and for the whole country. Of course, in every election, there are losers and winners. Who ever won in this election, let us hope that they will do their job as what they promised to their constituent. Before the election some of my expectations turned into reality.

First, I predicted that Mayor Rodrigo Duterte will be elected as our president. No, I'm not like Pastor Apollo Quiboloy that prophesied that Duterte will become a president of the Philippines. My prediction was based to the calling of the Filipino people for a change. Among the presidential candidates, he is the only one who are have a gut to become our leader. I believed that through his iron hand he could discipline us.

I also expected that the violence which is related to the election would also happen. This is not a new thing in Philippine politics especially in some provinces. The families of politicians are ready to do anything for the sake of power. For they already treated politics as their business where they can get juicy transactions in the government.

I am for Duterte, but in presidential race I chose Leni Robredo although she is a candidate from Liberal Party. I chose her because she never involved in any issue of corruption. I am hoping that she will not let his political party to use her for their own interest. I already expected that she will win as vice president. I knew that many Filipino people didn't choose Bongbong Marcos because they don't want the Marcoses to get back in Malacanang. They are aware that if Bongbong become a vice president, he will run as president in 2022.

I also sense that Manny Pacquiao will win as Senator despite of his hate speech against homosexuality. Many people are worried because they believed that Pacquaio could not performed well in the Senate. When he was still a congressman, he didn't pass any bill. Then, he only attended four times in the sessions. Yes, that's true, but now he already retired in boxing. So, there is no reason that he could not do his job in the Senate. Let us hope that his concern for the poor would convert into making a bill.

Of course, I also expected that the unpopular candidates but who have a good platform will not win in this election. Before you run in politics, of course you have enough funds or resources for the campaign. Sad but true, politics is all about money. We can count in our fingers those politicians who have a good intention for our country. If they elected, it is time them to pay to the person or groups who supported financially for their candidacy.

Now, we have a new administration, let us hope that Duterte should fulfill his promise to us. If we really want a true change, let us cooperate with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment